Sunday, May 15, 2011

Thought for the Day

Well, the blue light was my blues
and the red light was my mind.*
~ Robert Johnson, "King of the Delta Blues"
____________________________

* "All My Love in Vain" Lyrics

Robert Johnson (1911-2938) was an American blues singer and musician.

Robert Johnson Blues Foundation

The Robert Johnson Notebooks

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Profile

Bhesham R. Sharma, "Poetic Devices in the Songs of Robert Johnson, King of the Delta Blues", Transcultural Music Review, No. 3, 1997

3 comments:

Louise Gallagher said...

Love the quote and the video.

Anonymous said...

my service is not doing so well today.
my computer has the blues.

Rob Mustard said...

Robert Johnson is a national treasure and it could be said that all modern blues flow from him, certainly delta and country blues. While very well known in blues circles, his music deserves a much wider recognition.